Wednesday, January 21, 2015

The Flower Dome @ Gardens By The Bay

I brought my mom, and the boys to Singapore to celebrate Christmas and her birthday. It was eve of Christmas Eve.

My plan to have buffet lunch at Basilico tak jadi due to delays at the Woodlands checkpoint. Issshhh. You see, my momma loves parma ham and Basilico is recommended for its buffet lunch because they have one of the best parma ham there.

We went to Vivo City first instead, for a late lunch at Sushi Tei. So during lunch, I was already planning for dinner. I called Pollen, a restaurant at Gardens By The Bay that grants diners entrance to Flower Dome for free. Fully booked!

Panic.

Called Basilico, praying they have a table for dinner. Oh thank goodness, they have one, AFTER 8pm. No problem! After our late full lunch, I doubt we'll be hungry at 7pm.

Did a bit of shopping at Vivo, and off we went to Gardens By The Bay.

Did you know if you'd keep your mouth shut and purchase tickets at the counter, you'll be charged local fare by default? I did not keep my mouth shut, and was charged foreigner's fare instead, which is slightly more expensive *facepalm*

OK, fine, we're here for a good time, yes?

Here are some pictures if you'd like to see. Christmassy and all.



There were fake snow that felt incredibly soft and real. I was told it's the same absorbent material in diapers. Ohhhh....

It is pretty cold inside the dome. Does the cold make you run all the time? I think it does because half the time, my boys were running like what old folks say, "Just come out from jail"




And there's this region where they feature a lot of succulents and cactuses. My favourite!








Prettiest Christmas tree I've seen this year.


Then to Basilico at Regent Hotel. Oooo, quite the 'atas'.

Daniel's fee was half, Darren dined for free. He ate ham and cream cracker sandwich, so cute.

On the way back, we passed by half of Orchard Road and saw the decorative lights outside ION and Tangs. I felt so contented and thankful for our day. My heart just welled up inside!

Thank you for this wonderful day :)


No comments: