Monday, July 06, 2015

Another little dream project

I am dabbling in drawing of late. While I'm encouraging my boys to draw, I started a little project of my own:

Colouring cards! 

Since colouring books for adults are getting popular, I thought I should design cards that you can colour. Quite the fun, yeah!

These aren't professional drawings, no, I can't do those. I can only draw cartoony ones for now. Even then, it took a month to finalize. It involved a LOT of repeated drawings, writings, scanning, Photoshopping, and touching up. But I took it one step at a time, one stroke at a time. And originally, I was making these designs for Gocco prints. Now that is another whole exciting episode, but for now, I'm enjoying these...





The fun thing about cute projects like this is when my boys were around me the whole time. They'd be popping their heads over the papers I was drawing on, asking a million questions. Then they'd see me scanning and touching up on PS, zooming in and out. And then when I printed the final card, they'd see it with a twinkle in their eyes, and I can see that they were recalling the entire process and finally seeing the product. I think it's rather educational and inspiring!

And then Daniel would ask me, "How much are you selling it for". Hahahah, he knows it's business.

No comments: